SwimCheck In Brief
- 45 minute analysis, review and feedback of your swimming
- available Monday to Sunday, early till late at both our locations
What Is A Swimcheck?
A SwimCheck is an opportunity for you to have a specialist evaluate your swimming. Having observed your swimming the instructor will review the results of his/her analysis with you and make recommendations as to how you may develop your swimming.
Who Can Benefit From A SwimCheck?
Adults of all swim abilities and fitness levels can benefit from a SwimCheck.
- Triathletes/Open Water Swimmers – have a personal trainer but no swim coach? swimming your weakest triathlon leg? technique letting you down? missing that competitive edge? Find out how we can help you swim faster (with less effort!), train more effectively, improve your race preparation and avoid injury.
- Recreational Swimmers – having trouble with the breathing? finding swimming a lot of effort? swim with your head out of the water? find your neck or back aches after swimming? Discover how we can help you improve your technique so you can swim with relaxation and ease.
- New to Swimming/Novice Swimmers – don’t feel comfortable putting your face in the water? tried to learn to swim many times? think you can’t float? breathing a problem? Find out how you can learn to swim with our supportive and successful approach.
What Happens At A Swimcheck?
Your SwimCheck will begin with a consultation with your instructor. Everybody is different. Understanding you, your swimming (past and present) and your swim objectives are key to understanding your route to optimum swimming.
You will then be asked to swim a length or two at your regular pace so the instructor may observe your swimming in detail. The instructor will be looking at your body position, leg action, arm action, breathing, timing, relaxation, rhythm and efficiency.
Having observed your swimming the instructor will review the results of his/her analysis with you and make recommendations as to how you may develop your swimming. In particular, he/she will advise you of any potentially harmful aspects of your technique. The SwimCheck will include an opportunity to discuss any swim related questions you may have.
Don’t worry. You may still have a SwimCheck. If you are new to swimming or swim less than a length the instructor will run the session as a first lesson in the water where we explore the water skills that are the foundation of great swimming. Alternatively you can have a chat about your swimming and your goals with your instructor away from the pool.
If you would like to develop your swimming further, your instructor will be happy to discuss with you the most appropriate learning programme for you.
Whether you are an elite swimmer or a swim novice we have the expertise and experience to help you achieve your full potential in the water.
To Book a SwimCheck
Call us on +44 (0)20 8802 1122 and ask about a SwimCheck.